I discovered that hot summers are not a good time to work on this. There was summer heat and shorts and then a huge bit of wool sitting on my legs. It was hot. And my skin doesn't do wool. So even though winter should've been coming, we had a summer break instead.
I did finish the knitting on the Stark block at some point in August (yay for internetfree vacation). And so I had a perfect white canvas to paint a direwolf. Yayness?
| Whiiiite. White as snow. I know nothing. Teehee! |
I divided the head into a few zones now (otherwise I'm going to lose count when I have to start with the ear), so it's a bit better now. But still. Pffft. Le sigh. Guess I am halfway-ish right now.
![]() |
| Almost there, almost there. Not really :( |
The Stark block did learn me something though. This time I experimented with weaving in yarn ends whenever I run out of yarn. It kinda breaks momentum, but not in a horrible way. And it definitely beats having to weave in elebentybillion ends at once. Needless to say, the Army of Unwoven Ends is still very much present on the Targaryen and Martell blocks.
Also. Valar Morghulis! I started knitting the House of Black and White block a few weeks ago. It's going slower than a plain coloured block, but I am quite happy with how well it's going. The plan is to finish that one this month. Wieeee! Hopefully I'll manage to finish this one as well.

you are bonkers and I love it! this looks so awesome! ♥ I am so impressed right now, all I ever knit is gloves or maybe a hat.
ReplyDeleteif you ever feel like decorating your walls in style, too: www.etsy.com/shop/andnoplanb
xo jools